Monday, May 7, 2012

The Raven: The critics won out!

Okay I think I mentioned "The Raven" in an earlier blog post, if I didn't I meant to. But I was planning on going to see this movie but once I was at the theater it kept going through my head what horrible reviews it got, and what a horrendously bad rating it got on Rotten Tomatoes. So as I am standing there in line, looking up at the big board with all of the movies and their showtimes listed on it, I made a spur of the moment decision and jumped shipped and went and saw "The Five Year Engagement" instead.

I just thought that that was so amazing. Before I would read reviews and not really take it to heart. If I had already had my heart set on seeing the movie before I read the review, I would see it. But as I have immersed myself into this world of criticism more and more, I find it harder and harder to ignore what a critic has said, and especially hard to ignore the general consensus on Rotten Tomatoes.

So there you have it critics, you do have an influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment