Monday, April 30, 2012

A Critic's Influence

It amazes every time it happens, how much influence a well written and supported review can change my mind about going to see a movie. Usually once I have seen it, I have my own opinion and a review will have little effect on me. For instance, I was really excited to see "The Raven" and thought it was going to be such a fun movie to see. Come on! Edgar Allen Poe is cool and I don't care what anyone says. But after reading Eric D. Snider's review on Film.com I am extremely deflated. (Also it has a 21% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which is just sad.) Despite his killing my buzz about seeing this movie, which I am already committed to see, I think his review is extremely well crafted and supported.

http://www.film.com/movies/review-the-raven-fails-to-take-flight#fbid=IOJ-CHziGu-

No comments:

Post a Comment