Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"The Secret World of Arrietty"

I watched a movie when I was a child, I don't remember the name of it, I am inclined to think that it was titled simply, "The Borrowers", but I cannot find it online or at least none of the movies strike me the way I remember the movie. My memory could just be faulty and my imagination may have added images that aren't correct but the movie I remember involved mice. Perhaps it was just too long ago, but I do remember the basic storyline from the movie was about little people living in a house and borrowing what they needed to survive from the normal size human inhabitants, so I was very intrigued when I learned "The Secret World of Arrietty" was based upon this idea originally crafted in Mary Norton's novel "The Borrowers." Despite my foggy memory I still feel it is a fond one. This is the only thing that really intrigued me about this Japanese animation film, since it is not my favorite thing to watch.
This review by Roger Moore on The State makes me want to watch the movie and not want to watch the movie at the same time.

http://www.thestate.com/2012/02/17/2156268/movie-review-the-secret-world.html

No comments:

Post a Comment